National Tyres and Autocare
Ready for the next step in management?
This is a great opportunity to realise your full potential in a management role. As an Assistant Manager you’ll use your technical skills to support the Centre, as well as using – and developing – your management skills with the team.
You’ll deputise for the Centre Manager, so will have the confidence to guide the team to success, working together to give customers a fantastic experience. You’ll be no stranger to targets and will ensure your Centre retains a firm focus on maximising profit and minimising loss. Delivering excellence will be woven through everything that you and your team do, both in terms of quality standards and results.
This role combines your front of house customer facing skills with your technical skills and capability in the workshop. You’ll work closely with the Centre Manager to lead the team to deliver against – and exceed – sales margin and profit targets.
To be a success in this role you’ll need:
- Experience of exceeding customer metrics targets through effective management
- Experience of delivering coaching/training in the moment to colleagues
- Management experience, including one to one coaching
- Some technical skills
- A track record of success in delivering against sales targets
- Experience of meeting compliance standards across Health and Safety and quality
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing
- IT proficient, with experience of using Microsoft packages, including Word, Excel and ideally PowerPoint, with the aptitude to learn in-house systems
- Experience of labour force scheduling, with proven time management skills
- A current full valid driving licence
We know that everyone has different priorities at different stages of their lives, so we offer a wide range of rewards and benefits. As well as holiday and contributory company pension, you can expect to enjoy:
- Store discount, with 25% off most products across Halfords and Tredz
- Employee discount, with up to 60% off your garage bills at Halfords Autocentre
- Discount on Halfords Breakdown Cover, with bike cover as standard for all annual policies
- Discounts on everything from groceries and shopping through to holidays, insurance, days out, restaurants and more
- Employee wellness programme offering free, independent, confidential support and counselling 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Fantastic Trade Price Bike Scheme – buy one bike per year from a range of bikes which have been significantly reduced
- Option to join our Sharesave scheme: save to purchase shares at a 20% discount
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Wagestream – a financial planning app that gives you more control over your pay. Access up to 30% of your pay as you earn it and save automatically from your salary to build a rainy-day fund for the future
- Health Cash Plan – claim cash back towards your healthcare costs and get access to health and well-being services
We’re in an exciting chapter – rapidly growing our business with a focus on motoring services and electric mobility. We’re the UK’s leading retailer of motoring and cycling products and services, and the UK’s largest vehicle service, maintenance and repair business. Join us and be part of our success story in getting the nation safely back on the move.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.