An exciting opportunity has become available for an Assistant Technical Manager to join one of Europe’s leading Food Processors. The role is full-time, permanent role based at their site in Perth.
As an Assistant Technical Manager, you will assist the Technical Manager in the running of the department on site and provide support in maintaining food safety management, quality systems, cleaning/hygiene requirements at all times.
· Support the technical requirements on a day to day basis ensuring that all technical standards, customer codes of practice and food legislation are consistently adhered to allowing all products to be positively released.
· Ensure that HACCP is maintained within the factory and reflects best practice at all times.
· Ensure hygiene practices across site are adequate to ensure safety standards.
· Support production and actively maintain technical standards and assisting in tackling issues that may compromise technical integrity.
· Ensure that all customer requirements are consistently met in a timely manner.
· Maintain departmental information and documentation – and ensure it is available for evaluation.
· Keep abreast of scientific and technical development.
· Monitor effective cleaning of plant equipment and fabric.
· Monitor all issues including the identification of trends and advise on corrective action.
· Prepare trend analysis of quality issues e.g. customer complaints, TVC counts temperatures etc, monitor review and communicate where necessary.
· Audits – assist in ensuring external and internal audits meet with company expectations.
· Document control – ensure that forms, documents and processes etc are maintained and updated as necessary.
· Handling of customer complaints – investigate root cause of external (and internal) non-conformances.
· Ensure customer visits are carried out in the most professional manner.
· Support QC’s in production – oversee completion of day to day QA roles.
· Undertake internal audits and ensure welfare adherence.
· Assist in quality culture on site to increase employee awareness to factors that may compromise food safety through guidance and training.
· Maintain, control and conduct maintenance of the food safety program as required.
· To adhere to current legislation and Company hygiene policies with regards to safe food production and hygiene at all times.
· Hygiene – To ensure best practice is adopted at all times in your department for control of staff, product and environmental hygiene.
· To carry out all assigned tasks in accordance with company policies and procedures, particularly with regard to Health and Safety and Food Safety at all times
· To ensure that you and your staff comply with the Company Health and Safety policy at all times.
· The ideal candidate will demonstrate a background in Technical or Food Safety and/or have sufficient knowledge of the industry which they can apply to the role in Technical.
· You will have good interpersonal skills, excellent attention to detail and the ability to communicate in an excellent manner at all levels.
· You will take initiative, able to set directions and have a commercial mindset.
· Previous experience in a similar role would be beneficial.
The Salary for this position is £38, – £40, DOE plus Benefits.
The working hours for this role is Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5pm however flexibility is required.
Barker Ross Group values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act . We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations , when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.