Scottish Canals is looking for a Boat Master to join our friendly team at The Falkirk Wheel!
We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, and motivated individual to join our team and work with us.
If you’re interested in boating and working at one of Scotland’s top visitor attractions, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you. The boat crew are front line customer service staff, welcoming visitors and leading them through The Falkirk Wheel boat trip experience.
Our pace, personality and people make us amongst Scotland’s top visitor attractions. From welcoming thousands of international visitors, serving customers and creating memorable experiences.
Full uniform and training will be provided.
Key Duties Include:
- Ensuring compliance with the requirements of the Maritime & Coastguard Agency for the operation of the vessels and also for the maintenance of their Boat Master Licence
- Being aware of, and adhering to, the contents of the Domestic Passenger Ships Safety Management Code.
To be successful you will have:
- Possess MCA Boat Master License or have fulfilled basic training requirements to qualify for assessment of BML.
- Current ML5
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A real enjoyment for dealing with the public
- A confident, friendly, welcoming, helpful, engaging nature
- The ability to deliver a professional service to customers
- Comfortable dealing with an audience of visitors; including presenting to an audience
- Good time management and organisational skills
- The ability to work well under pressure
- A sense of own initiative with the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- A flexible approach to the role
- Crew member experience
This role attracts salary of £25,700 per annum. You will work on a rota which may include weekends and bank holidays.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.