Care Assistant/support worker
£15 per hour
Weekly Work pattern – Variation of shifts, Early (07:00 – 14:30) Backshifts (14:30 – 22:00) + Nightshifts (22:00 – 08:00)Duration – Contract (6 rolling contract with opportunity for perm) Location – Multisite location as will be visiting members homes directly
Responsibilities and Duties overview
Involves responding to emergency situations and will include falls, personal care etc. Will also provide planned overnight visits to service users throughout the Falkirk Council area(if on nightshifts). You will be involved in responding to emergency requests for assistance from service users within their own homes.Post can involve lone working or part of a teamAttending to clients due to the overflow in the ambulance servicesClients who may have had a fall within their own home will press their Emergency MECS alarm which you will then respond toMust be a driver due to the nature of the role and need to be flexible in shifts per week (availability for overtime)Requires experience with moving and handling due to members suffering from falls along with other injuriesReporting back to MECS to keep them informed of care required for each client
What can Randstad offer community care assistants?
– Competitive rates
– Weekly pay
– Employee discount scheme
– Unlimited friend referral bonuses
– Immediate start
– Extensive training in industry standard courses supported by online learning
– Help with SSSC registration
– Support from within the team and a dedicated Randstad consultant
A successful community care assistant will be responsible for:
– Working effectively as part of a team
– Supporting service users with diverse backgrounds and support requirements
– Displaying the emotional resilience to support service users with challenging behaviour and loneliness
– Co-ordinating with teachers and wider care team
– Maintaining professional manner and working to National Care Standards
– Working to a flexible schedule, including nightshifts, weekends and bank holidays
– Administering medication, changing dressings and basic meal preparation
To be successful in your community care assistant application, you will:
– Have previous experience working in a care setting with adults
– Have flexibility in the roles undertaken
– Have strong communication skills
– Register under the PVG scheme
– Full driving licence (Essential)
– Obtained SVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care, or equivalent (desirable)
If this sounds like the position for you, don't delay!
Apply now and one of our team may call you for an informal chat to take your application to the next stage. Alternatively, if you would like some more information give Gary a call on for a confidential chat or email
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.