Courier Delivery Driver – Self Employed
Get paid more…To go the extra mile(s)
Right now, the cost of living has never been higher. So, because we’re in the business of delivering promises as well as parcels, we’re raising our game and giving you even more reasons to join us – like more money.
• We’ve introduced Business Mileage Payment
We’ve changed our payment strategy to pay our new couriers daily from the moment they pick up their parcels, to their first delivery of the day to account for your travel distance and time. It’s a total gamechanger. And that extra cash adds up to a much more lucrative earning opportunity for you.
• We’ll pay towards your mobile phone
We’ll make a daily payment towards your smart phone and data which should cover your device insurance too.
• We’ll pay competitively for each parcel you deliver or collect
You can realistically deliver between 16-25 parcels an hour depending on the area and your experience, for up to 6 days a week. The more you deliver. The more you earn.
• We’ll give you freedom and flexibility
You can plan your own route within an allocated postcode area as well as the days and hours that suit you.
• We’ll develop and support you
You get all the independence of being self-employed, plus the backing of our expert team and access to a Yodel representative, to answer any questions.
• We’ll offer regular work on familiar routes
We deliver parcels for some of the biggest retailers around. So, there’s no shortage of parcels to deliver. Plus, you’ll be able to stay local and get to know the roads and customers.
The life of a courier
Each day is what you make it. You can plan your own route, which will keep things fresh and interesting. And at each delivery or doorstep, use your mobile to scan parcels and make sure they’re safely received by the customer, so there’s no difficult technology for you to get to grips with
What makes a great courier?
Delivery experience isn’t necessary as long as you love driving.
You’ll also need:
• A car or small van (up to 3.5 tonne)
• Confidence behind the wheel
• Great planning and organisation skills
• Relevant insurance (we can help you with this)
• A suitable mobile device, to download our Courier app which will help you prepare and plan your routes more easily, as well as allowing you to liaise directly with customers.
• To be friendly and enjoy getting to know your customers
• To handle your own tax returns (we can help you with this too).
Come and join us
People are ordering more and more online, which means the number of parcels needing to be delivered is at an all-time high and still growing. So, if you’re looking for a driving job that offers flexibility, with a reputable company, where you’re in charge of what you do and when you do it come and join the Yodel team.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.