Michael Page Scotland
The role is responsible for providing a reference point on all matters relating to the Customs & Excise Regulations globally and to advise implementation accordingly.
- Well known highly successful drinks manufacturing business.
- Ensure HMRC compliant documentation at all stages in the distilling, warehousing, production, delivery and reporting process.
- Ensure the relevant policies, processes and systems are in place and maintained in order for the company to be compliant within the taxation requirements surrounding customs and excise regulations.
- Liaise with Relevant Departments on matters regarding security of product, warehouse stocks, despatching procedures or staff working in an Excise environment.
- Manage the relationship with HMRC in addition to other stakeholders.
- To prepare and audit data showing discrepancies in outbound and inbound despatch documentation for both cased and bulk stocks.
- Over 10 years experience gained within a HMRC or excise role in a FMCG / Manufacturing environment.
- Experience of HMRC audits including stock takes.
- Detailed knowledge of Excise reporting procedures, HMRC systems e.g. NES, EMCS.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint to an intermediate level in addition to being comfortable working with database systems.
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to respond within strict and challenging deadlines.
- Excellent salary plus generous benefits package!
- Hybrid working.
- Standard 38 hours per week Monday to Friday.
- Mon-Thu 8.00 – 16.30
- Fri 8.00 – 14.00 (early finish on a Fri!)
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.