Grangemouth – Scotland
Staff or Contract
Salary £35,000.00 to £48,000.00
£35.00 £45.00 per hour (can be worked outside IR35)
Our Client is seeking a dynamic Electrical & Instrumentation Design Engineer to join their team in Scotland.
This is a role with potential to grow significantly in line with the company’s growth plan in Scotland and there is very good potential for career development for the right candidate.
The Electrical & Instrumentation Design Engineer will have the responsibility to support the local projects team through provision of Electrical and Instrumentation Design Support Services.
This will require a high level of autonomy and strong communication skills. The candidate will be a key point of contact for projects executed from the office and will liaise closely with Head Office design Department who shall provide design support for larger projects.
The Electrical & Instrumentation Design Engineer will have a technical engineering design background and water sector related experience.
Role Detail Description:
The Electrical & Instrumentation Design Engineer will work closely with Engineers and Project Managers to support the efficient and effective delivery of engineering & design services.
The post holder will:
• Act as a key point of contact for electrical design undertaken from the office making a strong link with Head Office
• Review and assess customer needs
• Provide resource estimates for design related activities, reports, scope of works, concept design and detailed designs
• Generate electrical installation deliverables in compliance with BS7671 IEE Wiring Regulations and client specifications
• Support effective delivery of products to time, quality, and cost targets together with the ability to multi-task and prioritise
• Produce documentation in accordance with defined standards / quality requirements
• Liaise with design and equipment subcontractors
• Lead the improvement of performance by seeking, reviewing and applying, where appropriate, innovative solutions
• Interface with other disciplines such as Mechanical, Process, HVAC and Civil
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a relevant design role including successful delivery of electrical and instrumentation installation designs within projects for the water utility sector.
• Thorough knowledge of IEE Wiring Regulations – BS7671 – 18th Edition
• HNC or Degree in technical engineering related subject (Membership of professional Institution or similar body is desirable)
• Strong experience in UK water utility sector construction projects
• Experience of E&I design best practices
• Strong understanding of design process & associated documentation
• Project lifecycle experience (Concept through detail design to construction support and as built documentation)
• Familiarity with CDM Regulations 20145 together with experience of undertaking ‘Designer’ role
• Ability to undertake site surveys
• Collaborative skills and experience working in part of a multi-discipline team
• Familiarity with hazardous area design together with hazardous area protection principals and generation of associated documentation i.e., Intrinsically safe calculations and hazardous area inspection schedules
• Construction support
• Ability to work in a team or alone, comfortable to liaise with client representatives
• Working knowledge of 3D software i.e., Revit, Navis
• Provision of 2D and 3D Design Deliverables, GA’s equipment layouts and cable/containment routing diagrams
• Single line diagrams (LVC and Instrumentation)
• Cable block diagrams (power and Instrumentation)
• Earthing diagrams
• Instrumentation Loop diagrams
• Cable Calculations
• Digital Communication Network Diagrams
• Hazardous Area Designs, including IS Calculations
• Building services design
Proficient use of the following software packages;
• AutoCAD LT
• Trimble (Amtech) Pro Design Suite Cable Sizing Software
• Microsoft suite of programs
• Revit (Desirable not essential)
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.