First Achieve’s Engineering Division have an opportunity for an Electrical Control & Instrument Technician to join our cleint’s global brand, working within their testing team – you will be involved in the design, specification and services relating to instrumentation for all site factory acceptance tests. This will include support of the project bidding and the execution involving the procurement of all equipment (as required).
You will be working in a multi-disciplinary project team offering the chance to learn and upskill, which is likely to include engineers from other specialism’s including process, mechanical and electrical and will be responsible for liaising with both internal and external clients and contractors as required.
Salary : Circa £50,000
Pension : up to 8% contributed by employer
Monday to Thursday, 8am-4pm Friday 8am-1pm
This role has overall responsibility of activities associated with HV/LV switchgear and equipment required for performance testing pumpsets and submersible motors. The position supports the Technical Manager in achieving full compliance with test development and will focus on maximizing utilisation of resource, skills, and competency of the workforce.
• Preparing detailed installation work pack / instructions for test instrumentation.
• Providing engineering support to all C&I projects
• Offering support to other areas of the business in relation to technical matters.
• Creating detailed performance final test summaries
• Monitoring, analysing and communicating key performance attainment.
• Managing project deliverables and reviewing possible risks against project plans.
• Adhering to company planning processes and procedures, ensuring compliance with mandatory gate criteria.
• Keeping up to date with industry legislation and standards.
• Preparing project proposals – both service and material requisitions.
• Mobilising to onshore work site locations
• Installing, commissioning and supporting test systems
• Assisting with pre-electrical testing and FAT testing of all electrical products and systems.
• Carrying out and assisting with software installation and testing when required (post training).
• Assisting with the fault diagnosis and repair of mechanical / hydraulic control systems, assemblies, and components (post training).
• Carrying out fault diagnosis and the repair of electrical systems, assemblies, and components.
• Collaborating with Engineers in support of technical queries. Maintaining job work sheets and documentation as required.
Education and/or Experience
· HND in Electrical Engineering or equivalent compensatory experience qualification in a relevant electrical, instrumentation or controls subject is preferable.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Managing instrumentation and control interfaces between packages Control systems
- Working knowledge of Field instrumentation including temperature, vibration, pressure, level, and flow devices
- Working knowledge of applicable industry codes and standards
- Previous experience of generating project drawings using AutoCAD would be useful
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our client’s business, with extensive scope for career development & progression. APPLY TODAY & One of our Engineering consultants will be in touch to discuss in more detail!
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.