HR Advisor | Larbert | Full Time | £35,000 – £38,000
Proud of their tradition and Scottish heritage, our client was established in 1872. Since then, they’ve been manufacturing chilled desserts, premium stollen & a variety of Scottish bakery products.
You will be an integral part of the Safety and People Department, contributing and leading the day-to-day HR operations, managing the HR administration, and providing advice and support to managers on all HR related matters.
You will 40 hours over 5 days (Mon – Fri) predominantly on-site due to the nature of the role. The company can accommodate a low level of hybrid working under the discretion of the Head of Safety & People.
The company is located on an industrial estate just off the M876 allowing easy access from Glasgow or Edinburgh. There is also good transport links from neighbouring towns and villages e.g. Grangemouth, Stirling, Cumbernauld.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that values excellence, pride, inclusion, innovation and confidence. The company strive to provide a safe, enjoyable and inclusive working environment, where creativity, pride and openness are encouraged. Making us an employer of choice in the local area.
Are you the right person for the job?
- Evidence of delivering HR solutions in line with business strategy
- Proven track record in HR role
- Delivery of process improvement
- Usage of Astrow advantageous but not essential
- Union experience is desirable but not essential
- Up to date Employment Law knowledge
- CIPD qualified
- Degree educated or equivalent experience would be desirable
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Excellent communication skills
- Be able to plan and organise effectively
- Be quality driven and conscious
- You will be a team player
- Excellent problem solving skills
Your role will include, but not be limited to
- Absence management
- Provide HR advice on day to day issues
- Ensures Line Managers understand and buy into the people issues within their area and challenges their decisions where appropriate
- Provide HR support in managing change/improvements in their specific area to meet the objectives of culture, cost, quality and time
- Provide HR support to Line Managers and takes ownership of leading weekly HR/Operations meeting
- Manage, monitor and report on HR KPIs at weekly KPI meetings, make recommendations to Line Managers to drive improvements in their area
- To provide support, coaching and training to Line Managers to empower them to own the HR processes for their people in areas such as Recruitment and Selection, Disciplinary, Grievance and Conflict Handling, Communications and Absence Management
- Update policies & procedures in line with employment law updates and roll them out to management
- Support employees and advise management of the sites mood or culture, by identifying potential issues or concerns
- Devise and deliver training workshops to ensure all line managers and supervisors have been trained on all HR topics, policies and procedures, enabling line managers to have the necessary people skills to manage their teams
- Manage the employee benefits scheme liaising with providers on starters and leavers and promoting the scheme
- Display posters and assist with enrolment
- Management of the paperwork stream for all employee-related employment changes, holidays, sickness absences, meetings, consultations and controlled documents
- Always ensure absolute accuracy of all input and tasks
- Uses a collaborative approach to influence others positively
What can you expect in return?
- Opportunity to become a HR manager
- There is good support in place from Peninsula Group via the Scottish Bakers membership allowing good opportunities for training & development along with networking, coaching & access to expert information
- Annual leave is dependent upon level and contract
- Standard pension
- Flexible working hours
The interview process will have two stages, on-site and in person. 1st stage with the Head of Safety followed by the 2nd stage with the Compliance Director & Managing Director.
What’s next? It’s easy! Click “APPLY” now! We can’t wait to hear from you!
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.