Human Resources Manager
Location: Falkirk – On Site
Come join Alexander Dennis. We are transforming public transport globally by designing, manufacturing, and servicing the cleanest and greenest buses and coaches for our customers.
Our people are our biggest asset, making us the hugely successful company we are. We are transforming how we work, offering team members more flexibility around how they live and work.
What does that mean for you?
- Generous salary package – we reward our people at the level they deserve
- A half day on a Friday. Yes, every Friday. Giving you more time at the weekend to do the things you love with the people you love.
- A 37-hour working week, with flexible working options, giving you that much needed work/life balance.
- Annual leave entitlement which increases with tenure.
- Pension scheme to help you save for the future.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme which offers practical, impartial support on issues impacting your life.
- Cycle to work scheme and discounted gym membership. Your health and wellbeing is important to us.
Interested and want to find out more? Check out our YouTube channel or LinkedIn!
Your dream role:
- We’ve an exciting opportunity for a highly tactful and commercially aware Human Resources Manager to join and lead our small team in Falkirk.
- You’ll support the delivery of required targets for Falkirk Operations by providing HR functional support to teams on site (as well as the wider Group as required).
- You’ll develop, implement and maintain policies and practices that support the operational and financial objectives of the Falkirk site. As part of this, you’ll define and deliver the key strategies to create an environment and culture which ensures the involvement of the whole team and continuous improvement of our people.
- Champion HR best practice by developing a HR policy framework to underpin and support overall business objectives.
- As a leader, you’ll play an important role in endorsing and promoting our core vision and values.
- A more in-depth list of roles and responsibilities can be found at the end of this advert.
What you will bring:
- A proven track record of success in a similar senior HR role, preferably within a fast-paced manufacturing/industrial or equivalent environment with a strong emphasis on HR delivery.
- CIPD qualified and with proficient knowledge of employment law and its practical application.
- Demonstrable experience of working with Trade Unions in a heavily unionised environment, including managing difficult negotiations.
- Experience of offering advice and guidance on complex ER cases, with the ability to resolve conflict and build relationships at each level of the organisation.
- High attention to detail, effective planning and organisational skills, with experience of leading and managing large scale culture/change projects.
- Proven delivery in standardising and continuously improving transactional HR processes. Further, an ability to work with core data to identify issues, improvements or gaps.
- Strong team leadership experience and capability, setting high standards and role model behavior.
- Confident and highly skilled in both verbal and written communication, with the ability to influence and negotiate at all levels of the organisation.
- The ability to spot, attract, develop and retain talent, including strong coaching and development skills and experience.
- Finally, you’ll be able to display a sound business, commercial and financial awareness in all that you do.
If this sounds like you, and you’re interested in coming ‘aboard’, then we would love to hear from you. Alongside uploading your CV, please share a short covering letter detailing why you’re interested and why we should hire you!
* Recommend a Friend is applicable for this role.
We care deeply about being inclusive and we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Due to the volume of vacancies and applications, we would prefer that you submit your application online. If however, you require an alternative method of applying, please give us call on +44 1324 621 672 or send an email to [email protected]
Duties and responsibilities in detail:
- Ensure that HR plans support the goals and objectives of the Falkirk Site and are in line with the HR Strategic plan.
- Ensure robust and compliant HR policies and practices are in place to support the organisation and its people (annually reviewing and updating in line with legislative changes or changing internal business requirements).
- Responsible for full end-to-end employee life cycle for team members within Falkirk Operations and manage activity that includes responsibility for attracting, recruiting, engaging and retaining key talent.
- Providing advice, guidance, tactical and strategic support to the senior leadership and management teams in a proactive manner and raising concerns (with proposed solutions) as appropriate – ‘eyes and ears’ & feedback role
- Responsible for creation and monitoring of financial, budgetary and cost control management for the HR function.
- Lead and manage the site performance development cycle, including succession planning and career progression activity within the dedicated functional areas.
- Support and drive the cascade of business communications
- Develop and maintain constructive and effective relationships with the Trade Union to deliver business operations and improvements
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure correct level of learning and development at individual, team and functional levels
- Develop, coach and motivate the Falkirk HR Team to deliver and achieve results.
- Develop and support company wellbeing, health and well-being policies.
- Maintain and develop relationships with all key stakeholders and partners of the HR function.
- Support and drive company initiatives on continuous improvement and Health & Safety
- Driving systems improvement and reporting activity within functional area.
- Lead and manage large scale people projects aligned to business strategy.
- Be an active and vocal member of the wider HR team.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.