Universal Business Team
We are currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician to join well-established, family-run SME based in Falkirk. Your role will be to maintain plant and flower arrangements to high quality standards at assigned customer sites and in line with the set timescales required. You will also maintain products ranging from exotic tropical plant displays to fresh flower arrangements, entrance arches to framed moss wall panels, bespoke built-in planters to high-level trailing features and giant green walls.
Key duties and responsibilities….
- Trim, water, clean, feed, etc. and replace plant and flower arrangements as necessary, all in accordance with the standards set out
- Inspect plant arrangements and manage pest control as required.
- As needed, work onsite at to support the planting and preparation of products in time for delivery and installation to customer sites (refer to Production Specialist job description for details).
- Undertake installation work as required from time to time (refer to Creative Installer job description for details).
- Loading and unloading of vans including any associated tools & equipment necessary for maintenance routines to be managed efficiently.
- Unload van once assigned work has been completed ensuring all tools and equipment are returned and stored in a clean, tidy, and organised state.
- Complete timesheets & relevant process documentation as necessary.
- Work through any Health & Safety issues as they arise liaising with the customer and/or Operations Manager as needed.
- Provide feedback to the Head of Production for continual improvement.
- Proactively identify and refer opportunities for new business to Sales team.
- Previous experience within horticulture or florist work is essential.
- Impeccable customer service skills with excellent communication.
- This is a customer-facing role which requires being well-presented and polite.
- Care and attention to detail.
- Physically fit (as this role requires lifting and moving items safely) and able to work at height.
- Own transport required as work premises is not near any public transport.
- Hours: 45 hours per week (Mon-Fri)
- Salary of £25,000- £30,000 per annum
- 28 days holiday,
- Pension contribution,
- Overtime is available
- Uniform and sign written van provided.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.