James Jones & Sons Limited
Location: Larbert, FK5 4NQ.
Salary: £40k to £50k depending on experience.
Contract: Full time, permanent.
James Jones & Sons Ltd is a 5th generation family-owned company, established over 170 years ago and has developed into one of the largest timber processing groups in the UK and widely regarded as leading on sustainability. The Group comprises 3 trading arms in the UK; Sawmilling, Engineered Timber Products and Pallets. With a turnover of c£600m the business has grown both organically and through acquisition. In 2022, we purchased 60% equity in Mayflower Enterprises Pty Ltd (“MEPL”), the holding company for Hyne Timber and XLam, with operations in Australia and New Zealand.
We continue to embrace the same values as those exemplified by our founder, James Jones: to set and maintain the highest standards of quality and service. We pride ourselves on being a responsible employer, providing long term and rewarding employment to 1,300 people across our 25 sites in the UK and a further 800 people in Australia.
James Jones & Sons Ltd operates with a lean management team and finance department and a culture where positive opinions on areas for operational improvement are welcomed and rewarded.
Management Accountant – About the role:
This Management Accountant role is a fantastic opportunity for a fully, newly, or nearly qualified accountant to join one of Scotland’s most successful family-owned businesses.
You will work closely with colleagues in the team, including sales ledger, purchase ledger and credit control.
A major feature required of this opportunity is to become fully integrated in the business across different divisions and operational functions, understanding the key drivers and communicating financial impacts of outcomes in a timely manner to decision makers. This will involve questioning the norm and challenging current processes.
Key to succeeding in the role will be learning about our business and making improvements to the management accounts function, producing accurate weekly and monthly reporting and analysis. You will also take a key role in the year-end statutory accounting process. These core accounting duties will be carried out whilst developing effective relationships across the business.
The role is likely to include, but is not limited to the following aspects:
• Key contribution into the weekly, monthly, and quarterly accounting cycle
• Analysing and preparing financial information for presentation to financial and non-financial staff
• Ensure all reporting deadlines are met and all submissions are accurate
• Preparation of VAT Returns, PSA and QIP’s to HMRC
• Oversee month end reporting, managing sales ledger and purchase ledger
• Perform quarterly stock analysis
• Production of balance sheet & P&L reconciliations
• Preparation of budgets and forecasts
• Liaising with external auditors
• Monitoring of capital expenditure and maintaining Fixed Asset Register
• Provide assistance to transactional finance team as required
• Play an active role in the implementation of new Finance systems and processes
• Support the Group FC & FD in ad-hoc tasks and projects.
• Be qualified by experience, newly qualified or close to completing professional accounting qualifications
• Attention to detail and ability to prioritise competing demands and overall workload
• A positive attitude and understanding the more detailed day to day financial processes
• Confidence to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders at all levels
• Strong accounting and commercial acumen
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications like Word, Excel and Outlook
• Experience with Microsoft Navision is beneficial but not essential
If you have the skills and experience required to be successful in this role then apply today!
• Salary – £40k to £50k depending on experience
• 33 days annual leave
• 11% Employer pension contribution
• Annual Bonus
• Health & Wellbeing services (Remote GP’s, mental health support, Physio etc.)
• Employee discounts platform
• Life Assurance Cover
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.