Salary: £42,879 per annum
Location: Bo’Ness, Falkirk
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Days / Hours: 05.30-17.30 / 17.30-05.30, 4 on 4 off rotating days and nights shift.
25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
Flexible benefits package
Onsite Staff Shop
£1,000 Refer a friend bonus
Our Bakkavor business in Bo’ness, based near Falkirk, specialises in the production of fresh, high quality salad products working primarily with premium retailers. To give a feel for the scale of manufacturing in Bo’ness we produce over 70million salad based meals and side dishes from our 2 manufacturing facilities employing over 1200 people in the town.
Bakkavor Salads Bo’Ness is looking to recruit a Qualified Multi-skilled Engineer to join their motivated team of engineers, this is a great opportunity to become part of the Bakkavor Group.
As one of our Shift Engineers, you will work as part of a team of 20 – 24 Engineers and Engineering Managers; where you will work on Pre-Planned Maintenance projects as well as any ad-hoc repairs our complex production machinery requires. You will also have the potential opportunity to work on project work alongside external contractors as site machinery is replaced and updated.
On our site you will have the opportunity to work on conveyor systems, metal-detectors, industrial cooking equipment, chillers and more. We have a number of different PLC driven systems with a bias towards Mitsubishi, but experience of fault finding across any PLC’s is welcome.
In this busy and exciting role, you will utilise both mechanical and electrical engineering expertise to maintain and enhance the performance of plant and equipment.
Another key aspect of this role will be to assist with the development of production staff, enabling them to deliver their first line maintenance objectives – identifying and developing improvement opportunities as you go
In this busy and hands-on role, you will be accountable for:
* Strong electrical and mechanical skills are key to this role.
* Respond to breakdowns of food and drink processing and packaging assets. Conduct reactive maintenance or corrective actions to resolve deviation.
* Identify faults (electrical, mechanical, instrumentation, automation, and pneumatics) on food and drink processing and packaging assets, action as required.
* Conduct planned maintenance of food and drink processing and packaging assets.
* Manufacture and repair component parts for food and drink processing and packaging assets.
* Lead or support food and drink operational teams with machinery change overs and set ups.
* Ensure accurate and timely records are entered and recorded of all work carried out, root causes of failures identified and provide traceability of spares and consumables used for accurate asset lifetime costs.
* Ensure engineering downtime is accurately logged, monitor repair times, and find new methods and procedures to reduce this.
* Ensure equipment instructions, manuals, electrical drawings, and mechanical drawings are updated in line with any modifications to provide accurate information.
* Provide engineering support to production to ensure effective performance of all equipment and measure OEE to track team performance.
* Liaise with contractors and specialists when required to support improvement activities.
* Train, develop and sign off nominated production staff to allow them to carry out first line maintenance to designated plant & equipment. Ensuring that all H&S procedures, engineering best practices are adhered to at all times supporting the TPM functions.
* To plan, control and implement agreed small projects to support continuous improvement.
* To maintain and develop appropriately equipment knowledge and engineering skills and to train other members of the team.
In this role you will need to be self-sufficient and motivated to ensure that you meet deadlines whilst making sure engineering and technical integrity is maintained. You will need to be proactive, with a good work ethic taking ownership and pride in what you do. Experience within an FMCG environment is key and ideally experience in Fabrication. The ability to work independently as well as in a team. Build strong working relationships with colleagues within the department and other functions as appropriate.
We are the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, with an international presence in the US and China. Our 19,000 employees operate from 39 locations, developing and producing innovative food for a wide variety of occasions and budgets. In the UK, we work with leading grocery retailers, focusing on their own label brands.
What you can expect from us
When joining us you can expect a competitive salary, a strong benefits package and excellent career progression prospects across the Bakkavor group
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.