Cameron Clarke Associates
Product Innovation Lead | Larbert | 40 hours per week– hybrid working opportunity
Proud of their tradition and Scottish heritage, our client was established in 1872. Since then, they’ve been manufacturing chilled desserts, premium stollen & a variety of Scottish bakery products.
You will be accountable for creating and driving the business’s innovations strategy, which is aligned with the overall business strategy. You will research and utilise market data and spend time in stores carrying out a retailer gap analysis.
You will turn research information into product opportunities and be the main customer contact for innovation, blue sky and briefs, you will convert information into products for discussions with the commercial team prior to a handover to the Development team.
Frequent travel is involved for this role.
Are you the right person for the job?
- Bakery and patisserie knowledge and experience are desired
- You will be innovative, a foodie by nature and proactive at looking at new idea opportunities for the business
- Ability to develop strong customer relations
- Promotes innovation
- Understanding of recipes and costs
- Professional and driven
- Highly motivated, with a positive outlook
- Strong people skills and effective communicator
- Strong management skills
- Personal interest in food development
- Can think outside of the box
- Challenges the status quo
What will your role as a Product Innovation Lead look like?
- You will drive innovation using research and market data as well as develop category and trend knowledge for new product ideas
- Working closely with customers to influence new briefs
- Guide and steer customer projects in line with consumer-driven insights to maximise in-market success
- Keep abreast and ahead of competitor activity
- Develop an innovation strategy and roadmap
- Adapt and update in line with market trends to be proactive, not reactive, you will always be future thinking
- As part of the business and innovation strategy; build and deliver a pipeline of innovation for future developments, to provide future growth opportunities for existing and new potential customers
- Have an understanding of the NPD process
- Have an understanding of product make-up and process to be able to advise the creation of products that will deliver real category growth in line with margin expectations
- Ensure new products are advised in line with the company and customer’s financial hurdles to drive positive financial growth for all
- Be the main point of contact with all key customers in relation to innovation, blue sky development and the influencing of briefs
- Able to create and deliver customer presentations to demonstrate new concepts
- Able to work and communicate effectively
- Contribute to the Commercial and Development Departments ensuring all information is aligned with the required input and outputs
What can you expect in return?
- A competitive starting salary dependent on experience
- 5.6 Weeks paid holidays per year
- Employee Assistance Programme
- And the icing on top of the cake – free company products when available!
What’s next? It’s easy! Click “APPLY” now! We can’t wait to hear from you!
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.