*Location – Falkirk/Hybrid/Flexible*
As our next Quantity Surveyor, you’ll be the key figurehead in your business area providing the commercial back-end functionality for Breedon’s surfacing solutions business. You are meticulous in your work and thrive on delivering exceptional service. You are commercially focused and have the confidence and credibility to excel in customer front-end meetings.
At Breedon Group, a job is a journey, not just a function. We’re the largest independent construction materials group in the UK and we’re on the up. Here, you can make your mark. Here, progressive change isn’t constrained by excessive red tape and layers of bureaucracy.
No role is pigeon-holed at Breedon. As Quantity Surveyor, you’ll be part of an agile and collaborative team environment. No need-to-know. No hidden agendas. This is an entrepreneurial business in which actions follow words and all staff pull together.
As we continue to grow through acquisitions of both small and large businesses, we want you to shape things and make your mark.
* Financial management and valuation of all projects across the South of Scotland
* Maintain accurate financial control systems and monthly reporting on cost value reconciliation
* Supporting operational teams on all matters relating to Contract and Commercial issues whilst maintaining the flow of information between the site and office
* Travelling to sites, when required, to support staff and clients
At Breedon, you can implement ideas and improvements and your expertise can be applied to delivering changes and improvements, quickly and efficiently. Be empowered to make decisions, rather than only being able to raise questions that someone else decides on. No one here is just a number or a seat. The senior leadership team are approachable, and staff engage and communicate, from top to bottom.
*Do You Offer…?*
* BSc / HND / HNC in Quantity Surveying
* At least three years of industry experience as a Quantity Surveyor
* Experience working with operations teams on cost-value reports and project management costs
* A valid UK driving licence
Not owned by an international parent company, Breedon is an independent business known for its personable, regionalised approach. This is a stable and dynamic journey with exciting prospects for learning, growth, and career progression
This position is office and site based as required but hybrid/flexible/remote working will be available when suitable for you.
* Car allowance
* 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays on top
* Life Assurance
* Share Saver Scheme
At Breedon, we show we care; we recognise and value our people and the contribution they make to our success as a business. We keep it simple by removing unnecessary bureaucracy and barriers to achieving our vision. We are proud of our great people culture and working environment, and our purpose is to ensure our teams go home safe and well each day.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
* Company car
* Company pension
* Employee discount
* Enhanced maternity leave
* Enhanced paternity leave
* Free parking
* On-site parking
* Paid volunteer time
* Sick pay
* Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
* English not required
* Monday to Friday
* Give a specific example of when you’ve worked with an operations team on cost-value reports and/or project management costs.
* What are your salary expectations?
* How many years of quantity surveying experience do you offer and in what sectors has this experience been gained?
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.