Scottish Canals is looking for a new Retail and Admissions Assistant at The Falkirk Wheel!
We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, and motivated individual to join our fantastic Retail & Admissions team at The Falkirk Wheel.
Our pace, personality and people make us amongst Scotland’s top visitor attractions. If you’re interested in tourism, travel, international visitors, events, food & drink, boating and outdoor activities, then this could be the perfect job for you.
From welcoming thousands of local and international visitors, to supplying information on what we have to offer and local attractions, serving customers and spending time both in and outdoors, our Retail and Admissions Assistants enjoy a wide range of fun and exciting responsibilities.
You will play a pivotal role in ensuring our visitors receive exceptional experiences on every visit, from selling tickets for our boat trips and activities, retail items from our gift shop and responding to general enquiries by telephone and email, every task you complete will contribute towards our Visit Scotland star rating.
Uniform and training will be provided, with further personal development opportunities available. Generous staff discounts available across food and beverage and retail items, free parking on site as well as access to Scottish Canals benefits portal.
Key Duties include:
- Greeting customers, providing a warm welcome
- Assisting customers with their enquiries and needs
- Providing information about Falkirk Wheel and local products and services
- Processing sales transactions and handling payments and refunds for boat trip tickets and gift shop purchases (cash, voucher and card)
- Maintaining cleanliness and organisation of the retail area
- Responding to email and telephone enquiries
- Upselling products to customers to maximise sales (all profits are reinvested back into the canal network for future generations to enjoy)
- Stocking shelves and maintaining inventory levels
- Adhering to Scottish Canals policies
- Contributing to one-off special events
- Collaborating with the wider team to ensure Falkirk Wheel operations run smoothly
To be successful you will have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good number skills
- A real enjoyment for dealing with the public
- Experience of using basic computer packages
- Experience of delivering exceptional customer service (not necessarily in retail)
- A confident, friendly, welcoming, helpful, engaging nature
- The drive to work across various disciplines (gift shop, café, tourism, events, etc.)
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- The ability to work well under pressure
- A sense of own initiative with the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- A flexible approach to the role
Previous experience in a similar role is welcomed, but not essential.
You will work on a rota basis which will periodically include weekends and bank holidays. Seasonal fluctuations will be reflected in the rota.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.