Peace Recruitment Group Ltd
Senior Electrical Estimator – Up to £55-60k DOE – Tier 1 Main Contractor – Central Belt (Flexible Working) – Private Medical Insurance, Car / Car Allowance, Enhanced Holiday & Pensions Conts.
Peace Recruitment are excited to be working alongside a Tier 1 Contractor who have a requirement for an experienced Senior Electrical Estimator as part of their internal estimating function. The purpose of the role is to review bid strategy and vet subcontractor tenders to minimise variance from net cost and final accts.
This is a unique role due to the fact it is a change of pace from your typical MEP Estimating role- if you fancy being involved in a technical role where deadlines and workload are a little more forgiving, this is the role for you.
* Reviewing tender enquiries and developing a bid strategy to give a competitive edge.
* Supporting the bid team to achieve deadlines.
* Attending and inputting to bid launch meetings.
* Producing market competitive net cost electrical services estimates for both traditional and non-traditional bids in line with the Company Management System processes and procedures.
* Carrying out accurate quantity take-offs for the purposes of estimating.
* Checking externally produced bills of quantities for accuracy.
* inputting labour, plant and materials into Causeway estimating system to deliver first principles based estimating ethos.
* Issuing and vetting material and sub-contact enquiries to support net cost pricing.
* Liaise with the procurement department to obtain material quotations
* Inputting into tender adjudication / finalisation documents for senior management approval
* Inputting into gateway documents and gateway review meetings.
* Establishing value engineering opportunities to give out bids a competitive edge
* Establishing risks within the tender scheme to mitigate our exposure
* Preparing and checking tender letters, technical notes and qualifications for issue
* Preparing benchmarking reports and data to support bids
* Ensure that estimating is fully integrated with the Group and regional businesses
QUALIFICATIONS/RELEVANT INDUSTRIAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* HND or equivalent level of qualification. A construction /Engineering related university degree is preferable
* Minimum of 10 years’ experience working within the MEP sector.
* Experience required within various sectors, education, health, student residential, commercial, office and industrial and a range of project values from £1m – £200m.
* A background in either quantity surveying or electrical engineering (contractor) would be an advantage.
If the role is of interest please get in touch with Gregor Devlin at Peace Recruitment
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.