We are looking for support workers who care about making every moment matter, regardless of qualifications or experience.
You will receive a *£500* bonus once you’ve successfully completed your probation period!
*Position: *Support Worker
*Location: *outside Slamannan, Falkirk (FK1 postcode)
*Hours: *Full time, part time or bank
*Job type: *Permanent, up to 48 hour contracts available
*Salary: *£11.30 per hour and enhanced overtime rates, you could earn up to £28,204 per annum
*About our service*
We are a unique service located in Scotland, supporting young adults who have a primary diagnosis of a learning disability and may also have mental health or autism support needs and behaviours that can challenge. Our service is led by the Registered Manager who has a wealth of experience within the sector; committed and devoted to developing excellence and talent.
We are currently expanding our services in Scotland, this is a great opportunity for your to join our growing and dynamic team.
Are you enthusiastic, compassionate and committed to supporting people in a way which respects their dignity?
Here at Swanton, we are looking for people who share our core values and are able to apply these to the work that they do. At the heart of our ethos are five key words, these underpin the PRIDE we take in our services.
_*‘Potential, Responsibility, Integrity, Diversity, Empathy’*_
You will need to be adaptable and flexible with excellent communication skills and able to work as part of our team.
Experience of challenging behaviour and/or learning disabilities is preferred but all training will be provided.
This position is for one of our homes in a rural area outside Slamannan and due to the location of the service a drivers licence and access to a vehicle would be advantageous.
To provide practical assistance and emotional support to empower the people we support to achieve their goals and aspirations, respecting everyone’s individuality and enabling them to make appropriate choices to live the life they wish, in line with their individual support plans.
Promote the health, well-being, physical, emotional, cultural and spiritual beliefs of the people we support and ensure they are met in an inclusive way.
Facilitating social, educational or work activities such as visiting family and friends, walks, shopping and other recreational activities of their choice.
General housekeeping duties that can include shopping, domestic duties as well as elements of personal care.
As part of the role, you will need to be able to complete a range of records and documents.
*What we can offer: *
· *Refer a friend scheme *we know that amazing people often know fantastic people and you will receive £400 each time a successful referral is made
· *Golden Hello *receive a £100 bonus if you complete your e-learning prior to your start date
· *Long service awards *we recognise your contribution to the team and award long service
· *Employee benefits app *stay connected to our community, receive discounts across everyday and luxury shops, access information about learning & development opportunities
· *Pension and life cover *auto enrol into our pension scheme and entitled to the death in service benefit
· *Funded qualifications *earn whilst you learn! we aim to develop our own talent, giving you the opportunity to develop your career with Swanton
· *Trained mental health first aiders & EAP *free confidential access to 24hr assistance program for counselling, advice and support
Swanton Care invests in its people and offers apprenticeships in Health and Social Care (level 3). Earn whilst you learn has never been easier! If you are interested in this great opportunity and are successfully shortlisted for interview, please advise the hiring manager.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £11.30 per hour
* Cycle to work scheme
* Life insurance
* On-site parking
* Referral programme
* Store discount
* Day shift
* Night shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Falkirk, FK1 3BB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
* Driving Licence (preferred)
* United Kingdom (required)
* Day shift (preferred)
* Night shift (preferred)
* Overnight shift (preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.