Our client is one of the UKs largest construction firms and at present they are looking to expand their in-house design team based in Falkirk by adding a Temporary Works Design Engineer.
Within this role, you will become an integral member of the business, supporting the construction and investments division by providing high quality engineering that surpasses client expectation.
Key Responsibilities of the Temporary Works Design Engineer
* Attend meetings and site visits to discuss available design services for specific tenders and projects.
* Where necessary assist in the production of design briefs.
* Prepare and/or check design calculations by other members of the team or by external design organisations.
* Produce and/or supervise the production of drawings, schedules etc. based on the results of design calculations.
* Ensure that designs and design checks are completed on time and within fee estimates.
* Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with CDM 2015 so that the necessary standards of Safety, Quality & Environmental Management are achieved.
* Take a proactive approach to own Continuing Professional Development
Temporary Works Design Engineer Profile
* Excellent communication skills
* Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise work and manage several tasks
* Strong team worker but also able to work autonomously
* Enthusiastic, conscientious with good attention to detail
* Willingness to travel throughout the UK
* Civil or Structural Engineering Degree
* Previous design experience either working for a contractor, subcontractor, specialist supplier or consultant.
* Computer literate
* £35,000 – £40,000 Per annum
* 24-day annual leave + bank holidays
* Dedicated training days
* 6% Pension
* Corporate discounts
* Private medical cover
Once you have applied to this opportunity, your CV will be sent to my inbox, at which point, I will arrange a suitable time to discuss the role in more detail.
I will disclose the name of my client, and if you are happy to proceed, only then will I forward your details to my client and arrange an interview.
We treat your information with care and will never send your CV without your prior knowledge/consent.
I may have other similar opportunities on the horizon (not yet advertised) which can be discussed at this point.
If you would rather talk to me before sending a CV, please don’t hesitate to call Conrad Consulting (Edinburgh office) and ask for Connor Sandison!
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.