The Job: Trainee/Junior Quantity Surveyor
Boyd Recruitment are currently working alongside a multi-disciplinary Civil Engineering business who are looking to recruit an ambitious Trainee/Junior Quantity Surveyor.
Our client are well-reputed within the UK construction industry and are recruiting for a key area of their business. The successful candidate will play an important role in commercial functions of the business working across a variety of projects
Due to their current workload, they are looking to add an ambitious Trainee/Junior Quantity Surveyor to strengthen their commercial team.
Dependant on experience, you can expect a competitive base salary (£20,000 – £30,000).
As Trainee/Junior Quantity Surveyor, you will be working closely with the Senior Management team to ensure the successful management across projects.
Daily duties are as follows:
- Assisting in preparing subcontract enquiries / quotation comparisons and subcontract documents
- Participate in recording of and payment for subcontracted work, including processing of labour only subcontractors payments once authorised by senior management
- Undertake costing activities, under direction, utilising a sound working knowledge of the cost coding structure for the project
- Assist in cost monitoring of site resources
- As directed, check processed invoices against movement reports, produce and / or check accruals for materials and plant costing assist with resolving supplier invoice queries and discrepancies
Maintain the established commercial administration systems for adherence to Company Procedures
The successful individual will be at the start of or early in their career as a Quantity Surveyor.
Ideally you will have the following:
- Some experience or ability to display interest in civil engineering related and/or design and build process projects.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- IT proficient with Microsoft Packages, including Microsoft Excel.
Candidates should be educated to a minimum of HND / HNC level in a construction related discipline but will ideally have a degree in Quantity Surveying.
Please click apply and attach an up-to-date CV if you would like to proceed in learning more about this Trainee/Junior Quantity Surveyor opportunity.</p
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.